Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Levion
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Software Developer

PlayBook: Button clicked or touchstart not reliable triggered

Framworks: JQuery Mobile + Backbone JS

Device: Playbook OS 2

Hi,

I have a strange behaviour in my app. Sometimes clicks on buttons are not reliable triggered. I tried to solve it by using the touchstart because of some scrolling/clicking detection issues but it doesn't work that good. It's a cordova app and for android the same app works great.

I am sure not missing the control because the animation effect (of JQuery Mobile) is shown correct.

It also feels like there are little differents for the buttons. Maybe there are some components causing these problems (?)

Is there a way to debug this?

best regards

Levion

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: PlayBook: Button clicked or touchstart not reliable triggered

Can you rule out that jQuery is not interfering?  It often likes to "remove all events" as a cleanup effort that often conflicts with other frameworks that use events (e.g. Backbone.js).

is your click event something you are registering using backBone.js (e.g. routing)?  If so then I would say jQuery is definitely the issue here.

Try making a sample page with the same button, with BackBone.js, but no jQuery.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.