Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
interfaSys
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,

[PlayBook] Sencha Touch 2 is almost ready and there are quite a few issues on PlayBook OS 2.0

[ Edited ]

The first release candidate of Sencha Touch 2.0 has been released today and there are quite a few issues with PlayBook OS 2.0

I opened the kitchen sync example full screen in the browser and here is what I've noticed:
- Top icons are replaced with white squares. Same problem with ST1 and OS2.0 
- Forms demos are broken. The first one doesn't scroll and there are severe redrawing issues when transitioning from one example to the next.
- White flashes at the end of each slide in bottom tabs example
- Dropdown selectors, action sheet and picker all use the "phone picker" instead of showing the information properly like on the desktop. Seems like a profile issue.

Is RIM aware of these issues and working with Sencha in order to fix them?

Note: None of these issues occur on Android, so these seem to be PlayBook specific.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Developer
interfaSys

Re: [PlayBook] Sencha Touch 2 is almost ready and there are quite a few issues on PlayBook OS 2.0

[ Edited ]

***Original reply removed***
Sencha has modified its statement. The PlayBook will not be supported at launch, but will be in a dot release.
There is hope! :smileyhappy:

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: [PlayBook] Sencha Touch 2 is almost ready and there are quite a few issues on PlayBook OS 2.0

Indeed.

Unfortunate that PlayBook support was not included at launch.

Our developer relations and browser development teams have a positive relationship with the folks at Sencha.  However it is demand from developers that will drive this to market.

I invite you and others to continue to put the pressure on them to deliver it.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
interfaSys

I agree, but some issues are out of our hands. The PlayBook's web rendering engine needs to be at least as good as what's available on iOS in terms of artifacts free rendering, so that there is no need to build too many workarounds in the first place.
If the engine is following newer,better specs than what the other vendors are offering, then I would expect RIM to provide the needed code to frameworks so that they can easily support the platform. I thought that the point of having a Sencha logo on Devcon slides was to show your support for the framework and to promote it as a working toolkit to build WebWorks apps. It can only work if you help them help PlayBook/BB10 devs, otherwise, they'll just focus on the more popular platforms.
--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd