Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
totem
My Device: Not Specified

PlayBook: guidelines and approval of apps

Hello,

Is there a set of guidelines that app developers (PlayBook) need to follow and avoid delays in app acceptance.

I ask because as I'm finishing my app I'm starting to wonder if I should be placing some of the buttons in the top menu (when you swipe from to bottom) instead of having buttons in the top bar (ala iOS)?
Should editing something that u may see users accessing 50% of the time be something for the top menu (swipe down) or just have a button in your nav bar (ala iPhone)?

I don't want for my app to be delayed.

Any other checks we should be testing/addressing before submitting?
Developer
TheMarco
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB

Re: PlayBook: guidelines and approval of apps

[ Edited ]

The official statement is that all apps are treated in order of submission. What we see from various statements made by app developers however pretty much proves otherwise. My apps use no API's or methods that may explain delays but yet I'm waiting for well over 2 weeks now while others had their app approved in days. There are developers who have been waiting for WAY longer than me too.

It's annoying, to say the least. I have no idea why it's taking so long. When I started developing for WebOS it only took a few days for apps to either get approved or to receive a detailed message on what was wrong with it. (something far better than oneliners saying 'it don't work'). And I'm sure at the time they didn't have a huge app review team.

Come on RIM, you're going to have to do something to improve this because this is borderline ridiculous.

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Contributor
joeybeechey
My Device: Torch 9800

According to my contact at RIM there is a 3-6 backup for getting your app reviewed since there are a lot of apps being submitted right now. They are also working on getting more people to do the reviewing. 

Developer
TheMarco
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB

3-6 what? days? months?

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Contributor
joeybeechey
My Device: Torch 9800

Sorry 3-6 weeks.

New Contributor
MichalBobran
My Device: PlayBook

In other words, if my app gest rejected for *any* reason, I won't have enough time to resubmit it again with fixes before deadline? Clever... :/