Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: 9810, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

[Playbook WebWorks] Range-Input Element Behavior

Dunno if I'm just missing something, but...

I'm building a little HTML/JS/CSS app to be compiled via WebWorks into a Playbook application and tested in the Playbook simulator (v0.9.2).  For the most part, all seems well, and I'm liking it.  

One very odd situation has arisen, however, when I use HTML5 <input type="range"> elements as a way to select a value.  They render fine, and even seem to work fine themselves.  However, selecting/moving the range-element's slider control within the Playbook simulator somehow renders everything else on the page (buttons, etc.) unclickable.  More accurately, buttons thereafter still visually respond normally to clicks, but any scripts attached to their click-events (which fired just fine before the range-element was touched) do not fire.

Double-clicking anywhere on the page/screen seems to undo this odd state, and clicks on buttons again fire their click-event handlers.

This issue does not occur in webkit-based browsers running on Windows (such as Chrome or Safari), just in the WebWorks-compiled app running in the Playbook simulator.

In case I'm not being clear, I've also attached a basic sample test HTML attempting to illustrate the issue.

Is it just me?  Am I just missing something silly?  Or...?

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: [Playbook WebWorks] Range-Input Element Behavior

Thanks for finding this and bringing it to our attention.  I believe you've discovered a web rendering engine defect.  I can confirm that the keyboard does not automatically appear when applying focus to input fields, after interacting with a range field.  You can still manually open the keyboard by swiping from the bottom left bevel towards the center of the screen.

Would you kindly enter this issue in the Developer Issue Tracker: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa so that it can get additional visibility?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Developer
My Device: 9810, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks.  I've entered it at https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-71.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

I've pushed this item through to our browser development team.  Thanks again for reporting this defect.

Cheers,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.