Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
ryanmc
My Device: Blackberry Bold & Pearl

Re: Playbook cskpass, csjpass, cskpin, barsigner error: keystore load: store password incorrect

I talked to a friend who was also building an app - he followed the instructions listed here by Prof Hawking: 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/BlackBerry-Signing-Tool-for-Tablet-OS-Now-Liv...

And got the following error:

barsigner error: developer certificate and private key not found in keystore or
store password not supplied
[ERROR]                 Signing failed

barsigner error: developer certificate and private key not found in keystore orstore password not supplied[ERROR]                 Signing failed

The only simularities between our computers are that we are both running Windows 7 x64 enterprise. I have just had a certificate arrive - would it be best if I try a build on Windows XP?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ryanmc

Re: Playbook cskpass, csjpass, cskpin, barsigner error: keystore load: store password incorrect

[ Edited ]

Ok - so last night I ordered one more certificate and it arrived this morning, just for fun I put together a windows xp machine and ran it from there - i followed the exact same procedures that I have run through 4 other times on my Windows 7 x64 OS - and guess what: This time it worked.

There must be some issue with Win 7, I'm surprised no one else has struck this, perhaps I just have all the bad luck.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

You mentioned that you copied the sigtool.p12 file to the bbwp directory.  But this actually has to be copied to the bbwp\bin directory.

Is it possible you did this on the XP machine but not the Windows 7 machine?  Try coping the file to that location on your Windows 7 machine (the rest of the steps you had posted look right).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
ryanmc

Yep it was definitely a problem in Windows 7, i tried at least a half dozen times with various different configurations - when I put it on a Windows XP machine it worked first time out.

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, DAC

Would someone please tell me WHAT DIRECTORY I need to put the two files (csj) that I received. I want to test on the live device.

My Original Post from Testing & Development
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/PlayBook-WebWorks-v2-0-What-directory-...

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

It doesn't matter what directory you save the CSJ files to. They are only used once to install/register your signing keys.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
redbutt
My Device: Bold 9700

I don't think this is a hijack, but if you feel it is...please move this.  I have successfully set up signing on 3 computers (and to all those who are complaining...I agree...this is WAY harder than it should be to set up), only running the first full steps on the first computer.  Then rather than registering for more .csj files for each new computer, I'm copying the sigtool.p12, barsigner.csk, and barsigner.db files to the proper locations on the other 2 computers.  This works perfectly.

Now, what I'm trying to do is automate this in ANT.  The issue appears to be the barsigner.* files.  Because these go into a sort of wacky place on each system, the ANT copy task seems to fail.  As I said, this works perfectly if I manually copy the files into place, but when I run my ant tasks (below), the output says the files were copied, but the signing attempt fails saying the cert chain is invalid.  The reason this is important is for setting up other developers and our automated build machine...I want to be able to check the keys into SVN with the project source, and have the build process setup the signing bits.  Any ideas why the ANT copy command doesn't seem to work to put the barsigner.* files into place?

<property name="sdk.HOME" location="C:/tools/rim/playbook/webworks" />  

<property name="bbwp.dir" location="${sdk.HOME}/bbwp"/>

<property name="rimLocalAppSettings" location="c:/Documents\ and\ Settings/[username]/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data/Research\ In\ Motion/"/>

<!-- Copy keys to SDK -->
<copy todir="${bbwp.dir}/bin" file="${codeRoot}/.playbook/sigtool.p12"/>
<copy todir="${rimLocalAppSettings}">
   <fileset dir="${codeRoot}/.playbook/">
     <include name="barsigner.*"/>
  </fileset>
</copy>

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zielaq
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LE #01763, BlackBerry Playbook

i have problem too with singing webworks app

when I type:

bbwp "c:\app\appName.zip" -gcsk xxx -gp12 xxx2 -o "c:\app"

i get : barsigner error: keystore load: store password inccorect.

there is no way that i type wrong pass. i have only 2 passowrds cskpass and storepass

What i shoud do ???

Please use plain text.