Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
ryanmc
My Device: Blackberry Bold & Pearl
My Carrier: Telecom NZ
Accepted Solution

Playbook cskpass, csjpass, cskpin, barsigner error: keystore load: store password incorrect

I'm having trouble as well trying to decode whats required in the signing process, I have blown through 3 certificates and have just had another one arrive, I'm very cautious about using my last chance to sign the application.

I get through the entire process correctly but now get the following error: barsigner error: keystore load: store password incorrect

For starters I would like to understand what the passwords are:

in blackberry-keytool-genkeypair whats a storepass - is it the unique password that secures the p12 file?

in blackberry-signer whats a -cskpass - is it a password that  I should make up?

in blackerry-signer whats a -csjpin - is it the pin that you used to create the certificate in the first place?

in blackberry signer the example is as follows:

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <csjpin> -cskpin <cskpassword><filename.csj>

I'm guessing there should be a space between <cskpassword> and <filename.csj>

So: blackberry-signer -register -csjpin 123 -cskpin 456 c:\path\to\certificate.csj

I have gone through the entire signing process without any problems but when I run bbwp I get the following error:

barsigner error: keystore load: store password incorrect

is this the cskpassword? my cskpassword, cskpin, csjpin are all identical the entire way through the process, is it possible that when doing: -cskpassword myPassword that there has been a leading or trailing space at some point?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ryanmc

Re: Playbook cskpass, csjpass, cskpin, barsigner error: keystore load: store password incorrect

[ Edited ]

Anyway here are my steps to sign the application:

blackberry-signer -cskdelete
CSK file deleted.

blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore sigtool.p12 -storepass password1 -dname "cn=companyName" -alias companyName

blackberry-signer -csksetup -cskpass password1

CSK file created.

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin password1 -cskpass password1 d:\certificates\client-RDK-XXXXXXXXXX.csj
Successfully registered with server.

bbwp d:\mypackage.zip -gcsk password1 -gp12 password1 -buildId 1

-------------------------------

Remember this is the third time that I have signed my application - so I had to delete the cskfile, but for whatever reason I have to create a new alias each time. I don't really understand what each step of the process does as I have never signed anything or created an app for a mobile device.

For simplicities sake my cskpass, csjpin, gcsk, gp12, passwords are all the same.

Does my actual appstore account password come into it?

It's been pretty hard getting this application ready as I've been based in Christchurch recently, there was a major earthquake in February this year that has destroyed a big chunk of the city and made life pretty hard. It would be devastating to put in so many late nights on this thing while working 80 hours a week (I work for a civil engineering company) only to have it fall apart at the last hurdle.

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ryanmc

Re: Playbook cskpass, csjpass, cskpin, barsigner error: keystore load: store password incorrect

Come on, someone must know what the differeins between CSKpass, CSJPass and CSKPin is.

People are obviously signing applications, what am I doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

[ Edited ]

ok, first of all....chiiiiiiiilllllll. it's a coincidence i just saw this, and you can't expect people to be here all the time (except for those who work for RIM/Adobe), and from what i saw, this forum is -in comparison to the Tablet OS for Air- very slow

First:

Here's a detailed description of what to do: link

Sceond: What you need is this: a .csj-file. You have to register for that on that one blackberry webpage, and what is most important, remember the name of your company and the pin you give them (6-10 lowercase + numbers). This is the csj-pin or csj-pass

Third: on your local machine, you create a csk-file. 

blackberry-signer -csksetup -cskpass <create_a_password>

Remember that password, as it is you csk-pass

4th:

You need that because in

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <PIN> 
-cskpass <csk password from step 1> <CSJ_file>

you register yourself with this signer-tool in the keystore-center of BB in canada. They created the csj, therefore have the csj-pin and know, when you register yourself, that you are you. To validate this in the next step, you give them your csk-pass

5th:

blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore <output_file.p12> 
-storepass <create_a_password> -dname "cn=<company_name>" -alias author

You now need to create a keystore. This is for now independent from csj/csk. What's important is that the company name coincides with the one you used to cretate the csj-file

PREPARATION DONE. This needs to be done only one time, even if you create several apps

6th

Now you can get your signatures into your app. First the signature of BB

blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <your CSK password> 
-keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your P12 file password>
<BAR_file.bar> RDK

BB (RDK server) will sign all your files. There are still more problems possible, refer to the first link

7th

Now your own signature

blackberry-signer -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your p12 file password>
<BAR_file.bar> author

Done.

8th

upload the signed version

If you have problems with filepaths, move your .csj and your .p12 to the desktop and do it from there. Secondly, you don't use bbwp to sign. only the blackberry-signer tool

I'm from the Air-forum btw. A kudo wouldn't hurt :smileywink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Please use plain text.
Developer
ryanmc

Cheers, thats just what I needed.

Maybe  I do need to calm down, but hey its been a pretty stresfull time up until now. I put things on here in the hope that RIM reads it, because there isn't really any way to get in touch with them.

I already had the certs  - because internet is a little flaky at the moment I had the pdf download of the instructions above, the PDF says to use BBWP to create and sign the bar file.  I was just missing one step because RIM didn't update said PDF.

One other thing, I have signed the BAR file ( outputs bar signed.) but now the simulator doesn't seem to want to run it, it is 0.9.4 which is the current version - is that normal?

Anyway thanks for the help, I appreciate it and owe you a beer.

- Ryan

Please use plain text.
Developer
yosoh
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

No its not normal, the simulator should be able to run it,

See that you are running the latest version of the WebWorks SDK and simulator. Click on the link below:

Webworks_SDK

RIM has updated the information for signing, take a look here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23977/Configure_signing_for_tablet_application...

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23977/Sign_the_cod_file_for_a_BB_Widget_applic...

hope that helps..

--------------------------------------------------
problemSolved() ? kudosPlease():kudosPlease();
Please use plain text.
Developer
ryanmc

Yep thats the problem that I have been having, if I run the blackberry-signer like you first suggested then the bar file signs, if I use bbwp I get the error keystore load: store password incorrect.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

What command is giving the incorrect password error?  Can you post the command you are using (minus your password)?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

You should still just upload your apps for now. Let's see if MSohm can do something about the signing errors you get with an WebWorks app :/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Please use plain text.
Developer
ryanmc

Hi MsOhm,

Thanks for the reply. The command that was giving me grief was this:

"C:\pbdev\webworksbeta3\bbwp\bbwp" "C:\Users\ryan_chc\Dropbox\sites\webworksapp\webworksapp.zip" -gcsk xxxxx -gp12 "C:\pbdev\webworksbeta3\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin\sigtool.p12" -buildId 1

So the process is that my certificates register correctly but  I can not sign.

After the conversation with pyth above  I deleted my certificate (as I had registered another one) and started again.

Now the problem that I have when running BBWP is the following:

[INFO]                  Parsing command line options
[ERROR]                 Cannot sign application - failed to find signing keys

I have checked and the barsigner.csk and .db files are in my app data directory, the sigtool.p12 file is located in my \bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin folder I also copied it to the \bbwp\ folder and into the project folder to see if it can help.

I can't be far off as the certificate is registered its just getting the system to sign it.

I have ordered another certificate and will try and get my hands on a different machine to see if that will help but time is running out.

Additionally I can't run the following steps from Pyth:

blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <your CSK password> 
    -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your P12 file password>
    <BAR_file.bar> RDK

blackberry-signer -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your p12 file password>
    <BAR_file.bar> author

As they appear to be for Air only. The webwroks docs work up until running BBWP (see my second post for a complete run down of the steps taken).

Because the certificate is registered I must be 90% there, its probably some sort of path issue or something.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

- Ryan

Please use plain text.