Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

iondisc
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Playing videos in the native video application via Invoke

I'm working on an application that will allow you to view videos hosted on a streaming video service. As an application the html5 video tag doesn't  perform as well as it does in the browser (ie. fullscreen displays a blank screen.) So I've been looking into invoking the video player and passing the URL of the video along to it. The API documentation gives an example of blackberry.invoke.APP_CAMERA and I've seen examples of blackberry.invoke.APP_BROWSER. But what I don't have an example of is blackberry.invoke.APP_VIDEOS and all my attempts have failed. The closest I can get is launching the video player but not getting it to play the video passed along.

My questions are these:

1. Is the video application even capable of taking a URL and playing the video?
  2. Is there any help on accomplishing this if so?

Currently my best attempt at playing the videos fullscreen are to create a video tag that is fullscreen based on a click event, then removing it. It's not ideal. I wish the video tag zoom/fullscreen would work as expected.

Thanks in advance,

Dustyn

Please use plain text.