Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Porting GameMaker: Studio HTML projects to BlackBerry 10

Hello all,

I just wanted to share this latest porting guide:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Porting-Your-Existing-GameMaker-...

If we have any GameMaker devs in this community, I'd be happy to get your feedback and hear about your experiences with the platform / porting to BlackBerry 10.

Cheers all!

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
spikegotti
My Device: Z10

Re: Porting GameMaker: Studio HTML projects to BlackBerry 10

Will definitely check this out, thanks for the info. Currently I have this game http://youtu.be/EUS-AFDpKQE under review by your team, would be great to play around with a nice Game Engine with a GUI :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Developer
slopiijoe
My Device: Simulator

This doesn't seem to work. I applied all the steps. It looks like it loads the game...(like the loading bar that appears when you open it in IE) but then it is just black after that. (almost like it loads none of the graphics) i am using a higher version of WebWorks though, and a simulator not a device

Please use plain text.
Developer
DirkLuys
My Device: Z10 LE

I have tried using GameMaker Studio several times to create a webworks game, since it has a really eesy to use interface etc. Sadly, it only worked once, in a very simple tic-tac-toe example, none of my other games worked, some games would crash after finishing the first level, others wouldn't load at all. I tried using bot h with or without WebGL, none worked.
Maybe I'll try it again when my LE arrives... If I do, I'll let you guys know whether it worked or nor!
Please click the like button if my post helped you! Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Developer
spikegotti

I tried it, sadly I didnt like it
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi all,

Just a quick note regarding the simulator. Currently (just confirmed) there is a known issue with WebGL rendering that is being targeted to be fixed ASAP. My understanding is that there is a driver conflict which prevents said rendering at present.

I'm happy to test any generated BARs on a physical device (email me: eoros@blackberry.com) or you should also be able to get a sense of the application by leveraging Canvas2D rendering, or WebGL rendering in the browser. I realize that differences can arise which is why I want to make my testing/feedback available if you are without a device at this time.

If you do run into any issue, please don't hesitate to reach out (fire me some sample code) and I'll investigate further to see where the issue lies and what can be done about it.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
spikegotti

I realized there's a bug, fortunately its working on the device perfectly well in my game, but it isn't rendering in ripple and freezes when objects on the same layer collide. the only work around is to have these objects on separate layers.
Please use plain text.