Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Rhino1272
My Device: Curve 2 8530 and PlayBook (soon)
Accepted Solution

Problem Signing Playbook WebWorks application

1. I am creating a PlayBook application using WebWorks
  2. I developed my application using Eclipse WebWorks 2.0 plugin.
  3. I compiled my app from Eclipse which produced a zip file "myapp.zip"
  4. I create a .bar file from my zip file by running the following at the command prompt:

"C:\BlackBerry SDK\PlayBook\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.0.0.4\bbwp\bbwp.exe" "C:\Users\myname\workspace\myapp\build\myapp.Zip" -o "C:\Users\myname\workspace\myapp\build\Packaged"

5. I attempt to sign the bar file at the command prompt: (passwords changed)

"C:\BlackBerry SDK\PlayBook\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.0.0.4\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin\blackberry-signer" -verbose -cskpass MyPassword -keystore "C:\Signing Files\MyP12Key.p12" -storepass MyPassword C:\Users\myname\workspace\myapp\build\Packaged\myapp.bar" RDK

I get the following error:

<omitting a bunch of stuff here.....>

Response = Signature Response
Confirm = null
Error = Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].
]
barsigner error: server error: Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].

What is the issue? 

My Blog: DevGuy.org
My Apps: Dive Planner
1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star kudos star below the post that helped you..
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" that solved your issue.

Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problem Signing Playbook WebWorks application

Hi Rhino1272,

Check out the WebWorks developer's guide section on signing your app. You basically pass in your signing credentials to bbwp and it will take care of signing. You will need to follow the steps for setting up your environment as outlined in the WebWorks developer's guide to ensure the key files are in the specified locations. There are a couple steps that are different than setting up your environment for AIR
Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
Rhino1272

[ Edited ]

Tim,

Thank you for the information.  I search for the developer's guid and found the information at this link  which appears to pertain to the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS - 2.0.  The next step is the actual signing here which does use the bbwp but does not use a bar file rather the zip file.  I think what I need to do here is to take the raw zip file form the compiled WebWorks app, use the bbwp on it and then the zip file gets signed and repackaged into the .bar file.  I am going to try that now and report back in a moment.

1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star kudos star below the post that helped you..
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" that solved your issue.

Developer
Rhino1272

W00T!  I believe that was it! There were a few things that were a little unclear.  but I got through it.  I published a blog post with all of the instructions (copied) plus a few notes to make it clearer at my blog.

Thank you so much for your help Tim!