Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
sawrubh
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Problem in onClick/Touch events in most of the WebWorks Applications

I've got this issue, where a game I've made works perfectly in the browser but when I package it as a WebWorks app, it apparently doesn't respond to touch input. When testing the game in the browser, it responds correctly to the onClick events (equivalent of touch or tap event on the device).  any ideas if this is normally a problem or is this somewhat to do with some specific tags used in the code or maybe some javascript ?

I am not able to understand the reason behind the difference in the triggering of events in the desktop browser and the same thing packaged as an app.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
erikjohnzon
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Problem in onClick/Touch events in most of the WebWorks Applications

This is a pretty serious issue if this is the case. Would you be willing to send a bar file compiled with -d so we can try it out and see what is wrong?

Are you using the canvas?

My email is below.

@erikjohnzon
erjohnson@blackberry.com
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
erikjohnzon
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Problem in onClick/Touch events in most of the WebWorks Applications

We spoke offline and everything appears fine for me. Except for the navigator.back issue that I referred to.

Can you make sure you have packaged with the latest WebWorks SDK? We have not had any similar reported issues.

@erikjohnzon
erjohnson@blackberry.com
Please use plain text.