Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Reply
Highlighted
New Developer
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎02-03-2012
My Device: Z10 LE + Bold 9900 + Dev Alpha A + Torch 9800 + Playbook + Curve 9360
My Carrier: Rogers + Wind Mobile
Accepted Solution

Problem with <access></access>

In my config.xml I have:

 

<access uri="http://www.mytestdomain.com" subdomains="true" />
<feature id="blackberry.ui.toast" required="true" />
</access>

 As I am trying to use the no recompile method for building my app.

 

But when I try to compile I get an error:

 

[ERROR] An error has occurred parsing the config.xml. Please ensure that it is
syntactically correct

 

If I remove the </access> at the end it will then compile correctly but toast will not work.  (It will work if I just compile everything locally on the phone, but would prefer to develop this app using the norecompile method.

 

Also gives the error if I just try:

 

<access uri="http://www.mytestdomain.com" subdomains="true" />
</access>

 Have also tried:

<access uri="http://www.mytestdomain.com" subdomains="true" />
<feature id="blackberry.ui.toast" required="true" />
</feature>
</access>

 

Any ideas? Hopefully someone has run into this before, and thanks for any help.

 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
Posts: 640
Registered: ‎10-01-2009
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Problem with <access></access>

Think I see the problem. Remove the "/" from the end of the first line like so:

 

<access uri="http://www.mytestdomain.com" subdomains="true" >
    <feature id="blackberry.ui.toast" required="true" />
    </feature>
</access>
New Developer
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎02-03-2012
My Device: Z10 LE + Bold 9900 + Dev Alpha A + Torch 9800 + Playbook + Curve 9360
My Carrier: Rogers + Wind Mobile

Re: Problem with <access></access>

Hi Chad,

 

Thanks for your response, not sure if that was it or not but I did manage to get it fixed by copying the sample config.xml again and modifying it.  (New one doesn't have that / anymore, though other lines still do.)  

 

Thanks again