Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
igbb
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problems signing a BB10 WebWorks Application

Hi,

I'm trying to sign a BB10 webworks (1.0.2.9) application but I keep getting an error:

[ERROR]   Error: The signature on the code signing request didn't verify.  The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.

The problem is that I can't determine the parameter to use to specify the csk password. There appears to be a single "-g" parameter and this password appears to relate to the keystore password.

When signing for tablet OS theres  "-gp12" and "-gcsk" parameters but these are no longer valid.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problems signing a BB10 WebWorks Application

Hello,  you should be able to sign by entering the following:

bbwp C:\myapp\myarchive.zip -g <myKeystorePassword> -buildId 10 -o C:\myapp\output

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.
Developer
igbb

Hi,

I am doing that. But I still get the error. My keystore and csk passwords are different, I can only specify one of them with the -g parameter. If I use the csk password it says it can't access the keystore and if I use the keystore password it says it can't verify the csk.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Try doing this below

bbwp C:\myapp\myarchive.zip -g <myKeystorePassword> -buildId 10 -o C:\myapp\output >> C:\myapp\output\build.log

then go to C:\myapp\output\build.log and read the output log and report back what error you get. Sometimes these logs are more useful than what is displayed in command line

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Developer
igbb

The problem lies in the fact that my keystore and csk passwords are different and bbwp is expecting them to be the same (which it doesn't do for the playbook). If I created new keys I would use the same for both.

Anyhow I have found a solution and that is to use the -p parameter:

bbwp c:\myapp\myarchive.zip -g mykeystorepassword -p params.json -o c:\myapp\output

The csk password is specified in the params.json file thus:

{
    "blackberry-signer": {
        "-cskpass": "mycskpassword"
    }
}

Thanks everyone for your input.

Please use plain text.