Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Lots
My Carrier: All

Problems when setting blackberry.audio.player.mediaTime on Large Audio File

In our application we are extensively using the WebWorks microphone to record AMR files and also the AudioPlayer to playback the AMR files.

Whilst this works perfectly most of the time, once a record length exceeds ~ "35:46" (35 minutes 46 seconds) we start to get issues when setting blackberry.audio.player.mediaTime.

An audio file larger that this "magic length" will play in its entirety absolutely fine however if you attempt to set blackberry.audio.player.mediaTime to anything greater than ~2146317ms or so then the AudioPlayer resets itself back to "00:00".

Is this a know issue? Is there any work around? Can I raise a bug somewhere?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Lots
My Carrier: All

Re: Problems when setting blackberry.audio.player.mediaTime on Large Audio File

Is there anywhere I am able to officially raise this significant bug?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problems when setting blackberry.audio.player.mediaTime on Large Audio File

Hi there, sorry you didn't get a response to your original inquiry.  That's quite an odd issue you are experiencing.  I assume we can rule out memory as not being a restriction (I would guess you have enough space).

Can you provide more details about which device & OS you are getting these results on?  I know some CDMA devices behave very differently than EDGE phones, in regards to recording audio.

Otherwise, I'd suggest submitting a bug in our public issue tracker.  We can then escalate into the relevant internal teams and ask them to investigate further:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.