Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9100

RECORD AUDIO

I need to record some audio.. should I write my own javascript extension or is there some other way to do i? I can't see any classes in webworks api to do it.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: RECORD AUDIO

It's currently available on the PlayBook... and the functionality should be available on the Smartphone in the next 3-4 weeks or so.

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/webworks/api/blackberry.media.microphone.html

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I had to write a javascript extensions that just invokes the voice note recorder app and watches for a new .amr file being created and then calls a javascript callback method with the file details.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

>>available on the Smartphone in the next 3-4 weeks or so.

Sweeeeeeet Smiley Very Happy

Developer
My Device: 9100

Yes, but i guess then, if i am not wrong and since it's part of webworks sdk 2.1, it won't be supported by eclipse plugin... Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

The Eclipse and Visual Studio Plug-ins only support up to v2.0 of the WebWorks SDK.  The v2.1 that was just released for smartphones is not supported by the Plug-ins.

There's more details about tool usage that you may find useful in the following post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/BlackBerry-WebWorks-Tooling-Evol...

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter