Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
drjg22
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Reading an email from inbox

Hi,

I am looking for a way to have my widget read the contents of an email from the bb inbox. I was looking into the email message widget api and I noticed that the ability to find emails is present but thats as far as it goes. Does anybody if such a thing can be done? Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Reading an email from inbox

The email API allows you to read pretty much everything from the email in the inbox (subject, recipients, body etc.)

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/widgetapi/blackberry.message.Message.html

Is there something specific that you are looking for that isn't defined in the API?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Visitor
jdmcguire
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Hi,

I'm looking for something specific that either isn't in or I'm not getting from the API! :smileyhappy:

From either the message list or an open message, I'd like to click a custom menu item that will send information from that message to my webworks app. The stumbling block for me is knowing how to identify the current message to retrieve the info from it.
For example, in the API it shows a sample of how to create a variable called "message" as a new message, is there a way to create a variable using the currently selected message in the message list?

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Developer
lagunex
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Yoigo

I would like an email listener they way you have available SMS listeners and Push listeners.

I've managed to write a Javascript extension to use a FolderListener and it actually gets called when an email arrived but I'm not able to define a Javascript callback function so I cand send a GUI response to the user.

It seems that the FolderListener cannot communicate directly with my app. I've tried with BrowserField references and also saving a ScriptableFunction but neither of those approaches have worked. 

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.