Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
jmace
My Carrier: AT&T

Reading sqlite database created by application

I wanted to glance at the database my application created to see the contents and structure. After hooking up my phone to my laptop and browsing to the right folder on the memory card, i found that I could not open the database in the firefox Sqlite manager.

How can I view the contents of my database without writing some viewer on the device?

Do widgets automatically encrypt the application databases?

tneil
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Reading sqlite database created by application

You hit the nail on the head... SQLite databases used by widgets and websites using Gears are automatically encrypted.  

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
jmace
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Reading sqlite database created by application

Can I request we have the option to choose if the sqlite DB is encrypted or not for our widget. Similar to the choices available for the Java side? Can we at least be able to define our own key so that we can read our own data outside of the widget? My reason for asking is that my users are in harsh environments with their phones. If a phone would be broken (happens to at least 1 a month), I could recover the critical data off of the SD card and move on.

Untitled.jpg