Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
Bluubekt
My Device: Not Specified

Remove vertical scroll bar

Been hunting high and low to find out how to get rid of the vertical scrollbar in the BlackBerry browser. The app I'm developing has a fixed height and width and is specific to the Bold/CurveII screen resolution (with browser version >= 4.6) so the scrollbar is not needed. Here's some sample code:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> <head> <meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="true" /> <title></title> <style> *,html { padding: 0; margin: 0; } body { font-family: 'BBAlpha sans'; font-size: 100%; overflow: hidden; } div#page { border: 5px solid blue; width: 440px; height: 260px; margin: 0 auto; } </style> </head> <body> <div id="page"> <p>Some text...</p> </div> </body> </html>

Most grateful for any suggestions.

Bluubekt 

P.S. The BlackBerry Browser Development Guide states: "When a web page does not fit on one screen, a vertical scroll bar appears on the right side of the screen." This seems to indicate that it should not be there when the web page does fit on screen.

New Developer
Bluubekt

Re: Remove vertical scroll bar

I should add that this application is designed for use with the "Hotspot Browser", it is not to be parsed by BIS/BES servers but rendered directly on the BlackBerry.

Bluubekt

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

here is a discussion about the horizontal scroll bar. Not the same issue, but there is a link to the developer knowledge base about zoom.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=browser_dev&message.id=450&query.id=9...

hth.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Developer
Bluubekt

Thanks for your reply. I had already added the HandheldFriendly meta tag as you can see from the code I posted. I've also experimented with the viewport tag and have found that <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,height=292" /> makes the page render full height, any less than 292 and i get a grey area at the bottom of the screen. None of this has any effect on the vertical scrollbar though!

Thanks, 

Bluubekt 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

The vertical scroll bar is always shown on the BlackBerry Browser.  What version of the browser development guide are you referring to?
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker