Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Removing scrolling and blank white space from my webworks app

Hi,

So my webworks application is loading in the playbook with what looks to be about an extra 700px of blank white space below the top 600px i actually want the user to see. I read in another post that to remove scrolling you need to remove anything beyond the 600px. I have body set to height: 600px; and overflow: hidden; and there is nothing outside of my main div which is also set to device height and width.

my viewport line is this:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; height=device-height;"/>

When I load my application in Chrome it doesn't have this extra white space below it, so I'm not sure what is causing it. 

So my desired solutions are either to remove this extra white space or turn off scrolling somehow so people can click and drag in my application without it trying to scroll.

Thanks for the help,

Dan

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Removing scrolling and blank white space from my webworks app

I have the same problem, were you able to find a fix?

Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi danfischer87,

First off try changing your viewport to the following

<meta name="viewport" id="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0,width=device-width,user-scalable=no" />

Second double check how you're setting measurements (px,%,em) and that everything truly is contained to the space you want since sometimes it can be simple to miss small things pushing the boundaries.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Playbook, DevAlpha C, 9900, 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have the same issue while working on an application in playbook. It seems that playbook assumes its height and width as 1024px. And i resolved it by adding

<meta name="viewport" content="height=600,width=1024,user-scalable=no,target-densitydpi=device-dpi,initial-scale=1.0" />