Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Rendering Engine Error on Jquery Mobile site

Thanks meliamae, and just one more thing, could you please confirm the carrier that you are on?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mamou
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have a Blackberry Bold 9930, software version 7.1 Bundle 457.  Wonder if the Groupon site is java-heavy and that is causing the problem.  Do you know what "rendering engine destroyed" means?  Whoever "wrote" that error message originally must have had an intended meaning . . . do you have a Blackberry error dictionary?  ;>)

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi Mamou, it would be one of the browser components that is failing. It goes beyond a general runtime error and would be more of an OS-level break as far as I can tell.

I've seen many JavaScript/resource heavy websites/applications render just fine in the past; however this issue does appear to occur in resource heavy scenarios. The exact trigger, I'm not sure of at this time. We've compiled some information on it from various reports and will investigate, but at this time I don't have anything in the way of a timeline estimate.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.