Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Requesting for documentation updates

Hi everybody.

Small introduction to the topic:

While I was testing around with the BB10 Dev Alpha and some blackberry.io stuff I needed to handle the getDirectory functon call for a folder I wanted to open and show the content. For some samples I tried to use the blackberry.io.home, blackberry.io.sharedFolder and blackberry.io.SDCard properties of blackberry.io.*. When accessing the "home" and "sharedFolder" folders in this use case everything worked fine, I go the entries (subfolder and/or files in there) and could show them up, but for "SDCard", which returns the value "/accounts/1000/removeable/sdcard", I didn't get anything and also didn't get any error.

Then, after exploring the github repo I found that next to the success callback there is also an error callback function to report errors, and when using the error callback, just like magic, there was a "FileError.NOT_FOUND_ERR" error reported back.

Main part of the topic:

After all that, and this isn't the first time I run into such things, it would be really, really helpfull to have developer ressources up to date, even when they are already updated in the master of the corresponding github repo, it would BB save some time to answer such questions and would developers for the BB platform(s) save a lot of time when developing apps to get started when BB10 will be ready or other BB OSs updates become public.

BTW: I love BB, PB + BB10 and that is why I'm leaving comments, feature requests or some ideas here, on github or somewhere else, so do not beat me for it. Only to support the grow of BB10 to become a great mobile OS for the future!

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion - THX 

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Requesting for documentation updates

Great feedback, and thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns about the API documentation.

I understand your frustration at dealing with a technical issue that could have been understood more quickly with better documentation.

The API docs guides are fully open source.  The best way to bring issues like these to the attention of the moderators are to file an issue here: https://github.com/blackberry-webworks/WebWorks-API-Docs/issues

Please feel free to do so for any missing or incorrect documentation you find, or suggestions for improvements.

Thanks,

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.