Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
Anzy
My Device: 8900
Accepted Solution

Ripple Crash in Windows 7

Hello EveryBody,

I am new in Blackberry web works development, I tried to install Ripple and Blackberry web works SDK . First time ripple emulator works fine , I close the emulator and start again .it crashes .

What is the problem , I completely  turn off my system and start again , I uninstall the Ripple & install again but Ripple crashes every time.

Please help me.!!!

New Contributor
Gaasch
My Device: Playbook

Re: Ripple Crash in Windows 7

I am using Intel Win XP service pack 3. I am having EXACTLY the same experience as Anzy.

Trusted Contributor
icecappacino
My Device: Not Specified

I am having an issue with windows 7 and ripple which concerns being able to sign my cod files. Signature Tool stops responding. I think RIM is doing some shoddy work here. Have you considered using PHONEGAP?
Contributor
Anzy
My Device: 8900

I found a alternate , if you try  Ripple in Google crome than it will works , Google Crome provides , Ripple Emulator plugins...!!!!   :Rockon:

New Contributor
tony-kerz
My Device: non-blackberry

yes, and it does seem to be more stable as the chrome plugin, but they say they will be discontinuing support for the plugin at the end of february, so it is only a good stop-gap measure...
New Contributor
shahgidog
My Device: Playbook developer

Not sure if this is same problem, but deleting the c:\users\<user>\appdata\roaming\Research In Motion\ directory after uninstalling ripple, then reinstalling fixed all issues with ripple for me on windows 7. Hope it helps.