If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Ripple Emulator in Linux

Hi boys and girls,

I've posted an article on how to run the BlackBerry 10 Ripple Emulator in Linux.

I hope that some of you find it useful.

http://johnreid.it/2012/06/23/get-ripple-to-work-in-linux/

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
interfaSys
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: Ripple Emulator in Linux

Thank you

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Please use plain text.
Developer
biggerCC
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

Pretty cool! Thanks.

Let's hope RIM is considering an official Ripple release for Linux any time soon...

- - -
My approved apps @ App World
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

When you look at the instructions - you realise there's actually very little to do to get it working in Linux - the files distributed to Mac and Windows are identical. My howto just gets you to do the installer's job.

So it would be nice, considering the effort to package up the SDKs for all platforms.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fxberry
My Device: 10 alpha
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

hi @cas118, I installed it by just dragging the Chrome extension file to Chromium and it worked right away (using a web server).

I'm having the problem now that I can't get it to pack the app, apparently the ripple-services doesn't work on Linux :smileyfrustrated: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/packing-with-Ripple-in-Linux/m-p...

Please use plain text.