Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

anaghsharma12
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Ripple Emulator

I use Ripple Emulator to run my app.By default when ripple starts,it occupies too much space of the Chrome window.When I zoom out using Chrome,the size of the page decreases and I am able to clearly see the whole BB10 emulator.But the contents of the app are not visible which are at the bottom of the app,though scrollviewer works.

Has it any influence on the working of my app?Am I doing it right?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Ripple Emulator

Hey anaghsharma12,

I know exactly what you mean. Ripple is set up to produce a 1:1 resolution size -- so the actual resolution on the device is what we have to develop using the Ripple emulator. I don't have monitors big enough to properly display the emulator so I always end up zooming out a lot and I do lose some of the icons at the bottom of the screen. At this point this has been my only option so I dont think you're doing it wrong -- just a short coming for now. Anyone else have any insights?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
nunodonato
My Device: Curve 9360, Playbook, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: TMN

Re: Ripple Emulator

Same thing here.

That's why I prefer to use the emulator, Ripple is only usable in some tests.

Nuno
theBBthing.wordpress.com - my BlackBerry development blog: news, tips and tutorials
bitoutsidethebox.com - re-imagining digital solutions

Please use plain text.