Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
LandS
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
Accepted Solution

Ripple Error: Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: CreateProcessW

Hello,

I have installed Ripple Mobile Emulator 0.9.1 with WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5, following the instructions exacly on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.

If I try to package any app (HelloWorld, Weather, any examples, something more complex, whatever), I get the following error:

Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the file specified.

I have tried many things. I'm guessing it is an error with the SDK, since I can enter any path to any folder that exists on my HD as the path to the SDK and I get the same error.

SDK Path: c:\RIM\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5

Project Root: c:\Users\Username\RippleSites\AppName

Archive Name: AppName

Output Folder: c:\

I have tried different paths for the above, by moving my code and by reinstalling the SDK.

I'm at my wits end - about to give up on WebWorks.  Any ideas? :Censored:

New Contributor
LandS
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Ripple Error: Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: CreateProcessW

:Dots:

So it seems %SystemRoot%/system32 and %SystemRoot% were missing from my PATH variable. All good - never mind!

LandS

Developer
sheeluwiki
My Device: simulator

I get the same error.. Can you please tell me how u solved the issue with the path variable?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if post was what you needed. Give kudos if you feel response is helpful.

New Contributor
mamano
My Device: Playbook

I'm getting the same error as well and I tried what you said and it didn't work. Please can you provide us with more details on how you solved the problem. Thanks.

Developer
sheeluwiki
My Device: simulator

I found out what was the cause of my error.. I was using wrong platform in the ripple (Used Playbook OS instead of Webworks for the smarphone SDK).. Once I changed it and entered the settings value again , the build was successful..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if post was what you needed. Give kudos if you feel response is helpful.

New Contributor
mamano
My Device: Playbook

That was my problem too. Thanks so much :Clap:

Contributor
mrmartis
My Device: BB9900, Playbook Wifi 32 GB, BB10 Dev Alpha

I am having the same problem, i made sure the SDK matches the platform on Ripple. I even uninstalled and downloaded the sdk again. im still finding the same problem.