Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ripple Simulation

I made my app using webworks plugin for eclipse and I was trying to simulate it in Ripple Mobile Environment Emulator. But when i try to launch my application in this environmet by writing my index.html in chrome browser I don't get the option to enable ripple, but then i get it for most of web sites in the internet. Why could this be happening? 

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Ripple Simulation

I don't know if it has something to do with this but I have seen this

"Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to enable Ripple to test applications that are hosted on your local file system:

1. You will need to start the Chrome browser with the following command line flag: 

--allow-file-access-from-files

2. Once that is done, you’ll need to visit the following URL in Chrome: chrome://extensions/, locate the Ripple extension in the list and make sure the “Allow access to file URLs” checkbox is checked. "

I already set 2nd point, but i don't know how i should do 1st step, how i start chrome with this flag?

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

You can also place your application source code on a local web server and then browse to its location with Chrome and enable the Ripple plug-in.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Just right-click on your Chrome shortcut icon, and select Properties.  Then add the --allow-file-access-from-files flag to the end of it the target, after "chrome.exe", like this:

------------------------------------
Twitter: @ChiSoxRunner
Script. Bake. Run.