Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
uttamtts
My Device: blackberry smart phone
Accepted Solution

Ripple emulator problem No config.xml file was found at the root of the .zip file Blackberry 10

I have just started Development for blackberry 10. I had developed application in native language. But with blackberry 10 i am getting `No config.xml file was found at the root of the .zip file` when i run my Hello World application on ripple emulator.

Help is appriciated thanks.

Here what i got on ripple emulator

ripple.png

Here is the structure of my Helloworld project

Folder structure

Trusted Contributor
usr501
My Device: Ripple, LE Z10, Dev Alpha _C, Playbook, Bold 9900

Re: Ripple emulator problem No config.xml file was found at the root of the .zip file Blackberry 10

start by Looking for syntax errors etc. in the config.xml file

then if there are none comment out lines one by one to find the problem.

config will show up...

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Ripple emulator problem No config.xml file was found at the root of the .zip file Blackberry 10

I just want to confirm, are you referring to the "config.xml file could not be found at the application's root or is malformed XML" message inside of Ripple?

Or do you mean that when you are actually packaging the application, the packaging error states that no config.xml is found in the ZIP?

A screenshot of the exact error would be ideal as there shouldn't be a ZIP file associated with just viewing an application. Ripple also has some quirks in what it considers to be the "root" of the project and that error can be ignored during development, but is an issue if actually happening during packaging.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

Your config.xml file is probably invalid.

Copy and paste it into this XML Validator. http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp

If there is an error RIpple won't be able to parse it properly.

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro