Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: developer
My Carrier: not applicable
Accepted Solution

Ripple error deployment to simulator fails

Hi, I'm taking my first steps in BB development. My company asked me to make a BB-app with IBM Worklight. I've installed Ripple, the Webworks SDK and a BB simulator (the 9900 model). I've also added the necessary environment variables on Windows 7. I've made a hybrid app containing html, css and javascript. After building and deploying to the local Worklight console, I can open the app with Ripple. After starting up the services I can package and launch the app. Packaging works but the deployment to the simulator fails. I get the following error:

Spawning simulator 9900-7.0.0.384...

stderr: CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the file specified.

Exiting fledge for 9900-7.0.0.384

I've seen this error on the forum but the others got it when packaging. I get it while deploying to the simulator. Can anybody help me with this?

New Contributor
My Device: developer
My Carrier: not applicable

Re: Ripple error deployment to simulator fails

I've solved my problem by choosing another simulator, the 9860-model. Now Ripple starts the simulator, which is extremely slow. The hotswap-function immediately crashes, but the simulator is working with my app. It worries me though that the blackberry development tooling is so buggy. But as long as I don'tn use the simulator it's good enough.