Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

Ripple is Packaging as Website not App

My Ripple suddenly began packaging as a website instead of an app.  I don't know exactly what changed.  What I mean, is after packaging my app and deploying to my Z10 device,  the app now looks zoomed in, the nav icons and text are quite large as it would look if i was browsing to the html page on a browser..  It looks fine on the Ripple simulator though.

Does anyone know why this is suddenly happening, it was fine just a day ago.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Ripple is Packaging as Website not App

Check out this KB for setting the viewport and detailed explanation of the issue:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/How-to-set-up-the-viewport-for-a...

In short, the high resolution of BlackBerry 10 devices needs to be accounted for by the viewport to get proper scaling.

Are you using any framework like bbUI.js? If so, that should have it properly implemented for you already; however older versions of bbUI.js werent' compatible with 10.1. If this is the case, make sure to get the latest version of bbUI.js and it should resolve the issue.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Ripple is Packaging as Website not App

thanks.  the issue was indeed with the viewport