Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

usb
New Contributor
usb
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Ripple no work

same problem again,

after add

windowContent=http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/update/rippleui

ripple actually start without error, but still is blank and i can just right click and choose incpect,

any other ideas?-.-

while(!$success){
try();
}
Please use plain text.
Developer
VansFannel
My Device: Playbook

I have the same problem on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits. I have installed bout Visual Studio 2008 runtimes (x86 and x64) but still doesn't work.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mxberry
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Iusacell

Tyvm!!! This solve my problem!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luisdanielmesa
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Telcel

It installs version 0.9.0.16 and everyone at RIM or tinyhippos is either too incompetent or simply too lazy to update either the file or the text in the download button to correctly reflect this. When you finally get it working it pops up a rather annoying message stating you need to update to the latest version (which is the same version you jut installed since there's no link to the new version) AND WHAT'S EVEN WORSE IS THAT THERE'S NO WAY TO GET RID OF THE POPUP WINDOW.

This is the first time I install Ripple (without counting the 3 previous ones in the last 3~4 hours which didn't work because of the webContent problem, countless restarts, which overall and frankly is a disgrace to software development), so far the experience has been disappointing and it hints on why BlackBerry most probably will just fade in the mist in the race against Android and iOS.

The installation goes on rather smoothly (unless you count you have to manually edit files, etc.)

People at RIM might as well just ask us to manually copy the files to their respective locations, edit registry files and create the other required configuration files ALL BY HAND and the experience would be the same (or even better).

HINT: when you have a large marketshare it pays to release with minor bugs, as Microsoft does (I know it's not the best example, but when MS is doing better than you at software development even with their innumerable bugs you know something is wrong with your lifecycle). When your user base is waning you simply CANNOT risk releasing software with so many bugs or making so many mistakes.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mxberry

Hello guys.

When i try to install Ripple i get this 3 Erros!

I have installed and Unistalled several JDK versions all of the 32 bit as i have read the 64 bit do not works fine.

I don't have a clue why im gettins this errors.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on a AMD X3 435

Hope someone can help me out.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
kwallis
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi there.  I am guessing that you are trying to install version 0.9.1, is that correct?  The standalone version?

If so, would you be able to try working with the Chrome extension version instead?  If you go to http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/ripple, it should be the first link on the page, version 0.9.6.  Once you run the installer, you will have to find the .crx file in the install location and drag it into Chrome.  You can then enable Ripple within Google Chrome by clicking on the Ripple icon in the top-right of the Chrome browser and select Enable.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Thanks.

Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mxberry

Ok i did as you told me.

I try to emulate my App on Ripple for chrome an when i click Enable nothings happens.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
kwallis
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Can you please try restarting Chrome?

Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mxberry

it's working know but i have to run a .bat file for ripple to work on chrome.

The file is ripple-services.bat is on \Research In Motion\Ripple 0.9.5.0\services\bin

Please use plain text.