Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Pumano-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Beeline

Re: Ripple no work

I have visual c++ runtime library error too.

Runtime Error!
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
juanluep
My Device: Not Specified

cpu: Intel T340

vga: Monile Intel 45 express

mem: 4gb

compaq presario CQ60

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
karol83
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Plus

Hi, 

I have the same problem after installing Ripple version 0.9.0.11 -> the program once launched gives a runtime error! I have tried to run it on two different PCs with Windows XP and every time experienced the same error. 

Can you please help with this issue ? 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sYk0
My Device: Bold Touch 9900
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Hi Michael,

I had a couple of issues trying to get Ripple to work myself a few days ago, hopefully we can get it working for you too.

If you are using Windows Seven x64 I suggest you install both the x86 and the x64 VS2008 runtimes.

Are you connected to the internet via a proxy server, Ripple doesn't support this as of yet, this is the issue I was having at my workplace, Ripple would start and just display a white screen, this is because it needs an active internet connection.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Pumano-
My Carrier: Beeline

I try install Ripple at my brother's win 7 x32 notebook. Ripple work fine.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
karol83
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Plus

Hi sYk0

I'm not using a proxy server and I do have an internet connection however Ripple still gives me the white screen with an run-time error... Any other ideas how to deal with this issue ? 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
UserNeo
My Device: 9000

Hi, i have win 7 64bit too an d Ripple doesn't work :smileysad: maybe a problem with windows 64bit system? cu UserNeo
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm wondering if sYk0 is onto something... 

We test Ripple both on Win7 32 and 64 and have not seen any of these issues.   I'm wondering if it is a combination of Windows 7 64-bit and the VS2008 runtime installed on your machine (x86 or x64)

I'll see if we can try the different combinations with our testing team to see if that is the issue.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sYk0

I'm ruuning Ripple under Windows 7 x64, the only issue i have had (at work) is using Ripple behind a proxy (you guys have stated you aren't using it behind a proxy).

Even though Ripple is installed under "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Ripple x.x.x.xx" in a 64bit OS, the application itself is 32bit (check this via the "Task Manager") and thus requires the x86 runtimes and NOT the x64.

"The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run 64-bit applications developed with Visual C++ SP1 on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2008 SP1 installed."

Since you are using a 64bit OS I suggest you install both runtimes, x86 as well as x64.

x86:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5582

x64:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=2092

NOTE: Even if you have the runtimes installed I suggest you re-install them (select "Repair" when prompted), as you may have corrupted or older libraries lingering on your system.

ALSO: Since Ripple is esentially a web browser and requires an active internet connection, ensure that your firewall/anti-virus isn't blocking its access.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sYk0

[ Edited ]

Just a quick question...

Those of you having issues with the VS 2008 runtimes, have you installed the Java Development Kit?

Please use plain text.