Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
nareshkodumuri
My Device: BlackBerry 9800
Accepted Solution

Ripplesevices.bat is getting closed every time after running application onetime

Hi,

I am doing simple app when i am running the app in ripple emulator(chrome plugin ) ripple-services.bat file  is closing every time.I have reinstalled the rippleemulator (0.9.4.1) software and webworks SDK.But the problem is not solved.Every time when i am running the application i have to open the ripple-services.bat file again.Please help me.

Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: Ripplesevices.bat is getting closed every time after running application onetime

Hi.

Can you try updating Ripple to the version 0.9.7?! There if you click the Ripple icon from the control panel on top of Chrome

ripple_icon_chrome_v0.9.7.jpg

it will open up a "Ripple Mission Control" panel you can start the Ripple Services directly from like shown below to start and stop Ripple Services directly.

ripple_icon_chrome_mission_control_v0.9.7_start_services.jpg

You can also select the checkbox to start Ripple Services automaticaly when opening a page in Ripple. It should open up a console command prompt (tested on Windows PC here) where Ripple will output informations while running.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Developer
nareshkodumuri

Re: Ripplesevices.bat is getting closed every time after running application onetime

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thank you for ur reply.But this is not my problem.when we are running application before that we will run

ripple-services.bat file or we wil open command prompt  and we will set the path for ripple-services.bat file .After running or reloading  the application in ripple emulator (chrome plugin ) ,ripple-services.bat file is shutting down or command prompt is getting closed.

here is the image first starting ripple-services.batst.png

Here is the image when i am reloading or refresh the chrome it is appearing like this.so that in the  ripple emulator i am getting page can't be found.

end.png

This is my problem.Please help me.

Thanks

Developer
Developer
LBP

nareshkodumuri wrote:
After running or reloading  the application in ripple emulator (chrome plugin ) ,ripple-services.bat file is shutting down or command prompt is getting closed.

This is my problem.Please help me.

Thanks

That's why I suggest to use the latest version of Ripple for development, not an older version since they might have improved it and fixed those issues.

Regular Contributor
superfly_fr
My Device: 9900 / PB 2.0641

@LBP: thanks. I believe this is accurate.

I had almost the same behaviour with 0.9.7, installed via the Chrome extensions webstore. It occurred when I was changing the Target platform (was phonegap by default). Yet, I don't have the option to stat/stop the ripple services within the chrome extension.as your screenshot suggests ...

@nareshkodumuri: try to set properly your targetplatorm and devide/orientation, then (if stopped - seems to occur on a "not found" problem) start ripple services again. Works for me.

Developer
nareshkodumuri

Thanks for ur reply. Even i installed new version of ripple plugin for chrome it is also not working same problem appears.

Developer
Developer
LBP

nareshkodumuri wrote:

Thanks for ur reply. Even i installed new version of ripple plugin for chrome it is also not working same problem appears.

Hi. Maybe an issue of Chrome, Ripple or all together with another installed Chrome Extension. At this time I haven't seen this issue running here on 2 Windows PCs. If you installed latest versions of Chrome and Ripple you should try to file a bug report, if there isn't already one, to figure out with the developers of Ripple directly: https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI/issues

New Contributor
shibby
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi,

Was there any solution to this problem? My Ripple emulator will not work at all unless I manually start "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Ripple 0.9.5.0\services\bin\ripple-services.bat". Then, whenever I reload the page, the service gets terminated.

I also do not have those service options as shown in your screenshot, LBP.

Note that my Ripple version is 0.9.7 and I have the latest version of Chrome installed.

Thanks,

Lewis

Developer
Developer
LBP

The so called "Missing Control" of Ripple 0.9.7 contains the Service Start/Stop option by default. Try to remove the extension from Chrome and install again from Chrome Webstore directly. From your file path to the ripple-services.bat I asume you installed the software for Ripple version 0.9.5/0.9.6, isn't it? You do not need to do since the extension from the Webstore contains their own files for service startup/stop.

Developer
Developer
LBP

BTW: New Ripple 0.9.8 is available for download directly from RIM pages. Some more instructions needed to get it installed as a Chrome extension can be found here. By this you do not need to use the installer package anymore only the .crx Chrome extension via the Download link.