04-06-2010 08:54 AM
We are using Visual studio plugin for Blackberry widgets
we want to create a application that
1) is a subprocess of a main application
2) The process should run in the background and after fixed time interval (say every after 15 minutes)
3) process should run independently without intervening user actions
3) the process output will be a notification for user
4) the process should be pushed with main application (no separate push is required)
5) when main application is removed from device, this process should also be removed removed from device
Currently, the application is not Java application, but we are using Widgets extensions and using Java APIs.
is it possible to implement this type of feature. If yes how this can be done?
Thanks in advance.
Lijomon T George
04-06-2010 09:53 AM
Are you looking for a background running thread process? If so, have you looked at the Gears Workerpool object?
04-07-2010 09:23 AM
We have check this Gears Workerpool object but we could'nt get much help on this.
Is it possible to do scheduling with Workerpool, since we need to call a function every after 10 minutes.
Also is it possible to do the same with Timer and TimerTask in widget extensions if so how?
09-24-2010 08:48 PM
Hi i have the same issue.
I used Gears Workerpool and called recursively with
setTimeout but when the user change the page the worker stop excecuting.
Any solution yet ?
06-26-2012 06:35 AM
Hi Lijomon T George,
I have the same issue.
Have you got the way to solve this issue?
Could you show me this solution?
See your response soon!
Best and Regards,