Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
sollex
My Device: Not Specified

Same Window Pop-Ups

Hi. I am developing a web application for Blackberry browser and I am facing a design problem. I need to be able to display some kind of Pop Ups with an extra information in a same window without actually opening a new window in the browser. The reason for it is that I need the user to still be able to see the rest of the website while looking at the information in a pop up,. The other solution what I thought of would be simple browser Alerts but I can't use those because I will have to display a small image in this pop up window, and Alerts do not allow anything besides text it it.

If same window pop-ups are not possible, can you please help me out to find an alternative solution to this problem.

Thanks.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Same Window Pop-Ups

two solutions :

1) create a full Java application instead of a browser app.

2) when you click on the link to display the popup with an image in it, go to another page that looks exactly the same but bears a new DIV element that will contain the popup. the opup will contain an "OK" link that will call the first page (without the DIV elem).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: