Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
rajvardhan
My Device: Curve 9350
Accepted Solution

Scaling issues in testing HTML5 application on Ripple

I am trying to make my first application on WebWorks. I am using Ripple emulator for testing. I just have a simple doubt that whether I should scale i.e increase the size of different HTML elements (like text and buttons) or not, so that they are clearly visible  on the screen of an actual phone. 

Developer
poornamelessme
My Device: Dev Alpha C

Re: Scaling issues in testing HTML5 application on Ripple

I recommend using the BB10 simulator (or ideally dev alpha) for testing scaling issues.

Ripple frankly stinks for testing (besides just general testing/making sure the app works at all). What looks fine in Ripple may end up looking weird on a real device -- or at least smaller than you expected.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

Ripple is great for initial testing but I agree, I would verify how your app is looking on the simulator so you can get a closer look at how the app will look on an actual device.

You can download the simulator here, https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
New Contributor
akuthakur
My Device: blackberry Q10

ripple works mostly for general basis, for specific requirements you should look up the exact scaling requirements for your device. Like in my case, I used generalized scaling techniques and they worked for blackberry q10 but not blackberry z10