Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
poornamelessme
My Device: Dev Alpha C

Scaling/size question for webworks apps

I participated in the 2nd portathon, and have gotten several of my submitted apps denied due to scaling too small. So I increased the image and font sizes, tested in both ripple and the simulator, and they looked fine to me -- and resubmitted them. They took up the majority of the screen space, yet I just got two resubmissions denied, saying:

- scaling issue - please ensure the application utilizes the entire display of the device

At this point, I have no idea what the problem is. The app takes up just as much, or more, screen space as my previous accepted apps fron the 1st portathon did. If I make it any bigger it won't even fit on the screen if held in vertical view.

Is there some odd thing going on where an app will scale small in an alpha device, yet look fine in the simulator? Besides just increasing font/image size, is there a way to make the app size any bigger, yet not so big that it no longer fits on the screen? I admit I am getting rather frustrated, as I have no idea what the problem really is at this point.

Developer
PawelGorny
My Device: PP

Re: Scaling/size question for webworks apps

I think I had similar problem, please check this topic: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Ripple-vs-Simulator-scale-css-pr... Maybe it will help you.
--
Regards,
Pawel Gorny
my apps: http://pawelgorny.com/
PGpgp, Your Reply, Anagrammatist, Texas Hold'em Odds Calculator, Contacts to CSV
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Developer
poornamelessme

Thanks for the reply. Although this time I tested in the simulator too. Although the thread you listed could explain why my first batch was denied, as I relied on Ripple for testing.

Developer
JCabak
My Device: 9360, PlayBook,10 Dev Alpha

Developer
poornamelessme

Thanks, that does look potentially useful.

I now believe there may be something odd going on with my blackberry approval/denial messages (regarding older submitted apps). I am not entirely sure if my resubmitted apps even have a scaling problem now.

I got a ton of denied app emails from RIM earlier today, yet my resubmitted apps are still showing up in my dev portal as being under review (not in fact denied). Strangely it looks like my previously denied apps are getting reviewed all over again, and getting re-denied... some denied as duplicate apps of the latter resubmissions.

I just now got one of my  resumitted apps approved, and the next email said the same exact app was denied as a duplicate -- leading me to believe that for some odd reason that the previously denied apps are causing the problem.

No idea why this is happening, but  one of the Blackberry developer people (amaris) said they'd look into it for me. I guess I'll find out eventually if there is in fact a true scaling problem with my apps or not.