Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
laurentC
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Sencha Touch 2.1 startup time

Hi,

Speaking about Sencha Touch, I would like to share my thoughts on it regarding the development of PlayBook apps.
I built 3 apps with Sencha Touch 1.1. All is running fine. I'm not sure every Sencha Touch components are well supported but the ones I needed are ok.

Recently, I built a new app with Sencha Touch 2.1 because of the support of BB10 and the possibility to port my app.
The Sencha Team says they have improved the performance. I agree... except for the startup time. My ST 1.1 apps take 4 secondes to start. As for me, it is just acceptable for a tablet app.
But my ST 2.1 takes 6, 7, 8 secondes to start. I think it's too much !

I'm looking for a way to make it quicker to start but reducing the images size or dealing with direct and lazy instantiation is not the solution. I'm not sure what is taking time when the app starts. Maybe all the classes and css I'm not using should be removed. That's the way I'll try with the Sencha cmd command.

If someone faces such an issue with Sencha Touch on BlackBerry, it would be nice if we could share our experience.

Laurent

Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps
Please use plain text.
Developer
interfaSys
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: Sencha Touch 2.1 startup time

"Maybe all the classes and css I'm not using should be removed"

Exactly that. The new framework is heavier, but you can recompile the JS and it should help.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Please use plain text.
Developer
laurentC
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Re: Sencha Touch 2.1 startup time

Yes but how should I do that please ? The documentation says you need to use the sdk tools and with 2 dos commands you're done but it's not working with ST 2.1 anymore. We should use Command now and it's very complicated compared with sdk...
Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps
Please use plain text.