Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Setup WebWorks for Tablet in Eclipse

Hello,

I downloaded everything for the WebWorks Developments but still did not find a way to use Eclipse as my Environment.

In this documentation, it is just stated how I download all the needed Software but not how I include these Tools in Eclipse.

For what do I need the Adobe AIR SDK? I thought that I only need this when I want to use the Flash Builder and not WebWorks?

All a bit confusing. Setting up the Adobe Air development tools was easy, got some Apps working there but the Webworks for PlayBook is a bit weird...

Any help is appreciated!

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Simulator

Re: Setup WebWorks for Tablet in Eclipse

For what do I need the Adobe AIR SDK? I thought that I only need this when I want to use the Flash Builder and not WebWorks?

Even though it is WebWorks, your app gets wrapped into an AIR container of some sorts... Maybe someone can shed more light on the subject.

--------------------------------------
ABC Trace for BlackBerry PlayBook
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Setup WebWorks for Tablet in Eclipse

The WebWorks SDK for the PlayBook is a command line tool only. There isn't any integration into Eclipse.  There is a BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in for Eclipse but it is for the Smartphone only.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter