Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
ahmetsulek
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: Turkcell

Signature Tool Hangs / Stuck / Freezes / Signing Problem / Signature Tool Don't Sign

[ Edited ]

Hey,

I'm trying to sign my app using the commandline ./bbwp(root to zip file)Archive.zip  -g (my password)

I'm on mac and using Java 1.6 as outputted:

java version "1.6.0_26"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03-383-11A511)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02-383, mixed mode)

The thing is I can sign the hello world application with no problems. I think size is the problem. The bigger size the more cod files. The more cod files the longer list to sign, then the problem occurs.

Once I got to sign, but it was after canceling and re-requesting sign on Signature Tool. It was 1 on 20 tries and after closing the Signature Tool manually bbwp counted that as not signed.

I checked the signing server status from http://isthesigningserverdown.com/ and they are not down. I can sign the hello world app anyway..

So after running the console command I got stuck here:

INFO] Parsing command line options
[INFO] Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO] Validating application archive
[INFO] Parsing config.xml
[INFO] Populating application source
[INFO] Compiling BlackBerry WebWorks application
[INFO] Starting signing tool
[ERROR] Signing failed

and that's because I manually exit the Signature Tool.

By the way once I waited it to sign for 30 min. nothing happened.

Please use plain text.
Developer
bnolan001
My Device: Bold 9930 and PlayBook

Re: Signature Tool Hangs / Stuck / Freezes / Signing Problem / Signature Tool Don't Sign

Your Java Run Time is 1.6 but what is your Java Development version?  I had a similar problem that was caused by using JDK 1.7.  Once I reverted JDK to 1.6 it worked fine.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/WebWorks-code-signing-issues/m-p/12851...

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero
Please use plain text.
Contributor
demaniak
My Device: Various
My Carrier: Generic

Re: Signature Tool Hangs / Stuck / Freezes / Signing Problem / Signature Tool Don't Sign

Forcing Java1.6 worked for me to.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.