Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
Catenary
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha

Signing Apps; Creating Debug Tokens, etc

We have developed our app using HTML5 Webworks and have tested it using Ripple and are now ready to sign the app, create a debug token, deploy to the device, and submit to the store. However, we have gotten bogged down in this whole process of working in the command prompt and trying to work with the keys, registering the keys, signing the app, creating the token etc. Here is a recap of what is going on:

If I attempt to register the keys, I get a message “Already registered with RDK”.

If I attempt to sign the zip file, I get “No config.xml file was found at the root of the .zip file”

If I attempt to sign the bar file, I get “Error: ENOTDIR, not a directory “   --the only directories I am seeing are html, js, css, images, img –there are some subfolders under each of those, but there is no ENOTDIR

If I attempt to create a debug token, I get "The signature on the code signing request didn't verify -the likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect csk password.

And if I can’t do any of the above, then I cannot even get to any of the following:
1.Create and Install a debug token
2.Set a debug token
3.Package an app with a debug token
4.Package and sign an app
5.Deploy an app to a BB10 device
6.Can't zip a bar file and include the config.xml file
7.Can't upload to store (app not signed)

The only things we have been able to do are:
1.Create an app for BB10
2.Test the app using Ripple
3.Package the app using Ripple--creates a .bar file

Has anyone else experiencing multiple problems like this? How did you break through the congestion so that you could finally submit an app to the store? Or does anyone see any piece of this they could post an answer to? Thanks!
Retired
erikjohnzon
My Device: Q10

Re: Signing Apps; Creating Debug Tokens, etc

You have quite a few errors there. I hope you have read the documentation provided online. If not please refer to the following guide for creating keys, and signing the application:

- http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup_bb10_apps_2008396_11.html

- http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_your_bb10_app_2008398_11.html

1. “Already registered with RDK” try requesting new keys. That is the only suggestion I can give you, or perhaps your keys are alreaedy registered.

2. “No config.xml file was found at the root of the .zip file” You need to make sure that your zip file does not have a subdirectory. If you are on a MAC and zip at the root you will have the following: App.zip with contents App/App/config.xml your application is looking in App/config.xml so instead zip just the contents ie: select all files inside App/ and compress them.

3. You can't sign the bar yet because you haven't generated it have you?

@erikjohnzon
erjohnson@blackberry.com
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Signing Apps; Creating Debug Tokens, etc

>>If I attempt to register the keys, I get a message “Already registered with RDK”.

Confirm that you have 3 files created (author.p12, sigtool.csk, sigtool.db) in the location specified in the "Backing up your files" section on this page http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup_bb10_apps_2008396_11.html

Each of these are text files. You can open them and review the contents (do the values you see look like what you expect - author name, etc)?

If they exist then yes you have successfully registered the keyfiles that were sent to you, and you don't need to repeat that step again.

>>If I attempt to sign the zip file, I get “No config.xml file was found at the root of the .zip file”

All WebWorks applications require a config.xml file.

http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/working_with_config_xml_file_1866970_11.html

When you package an application using Ripple, it zips up the contents of the folder you specify in the "Settings" panel.  Make sure you are pointing to the correct folder

This is correct folder structure for a WebWorks ZIP file

• myzip.zip
    • config.xml

This is incorrect:

• myzip.zip
    • folder
      • config.xml

>>If I attempt to sign the bar file ...

Can you post a screenshot (or provide the exact values for each of the fields) of the Settings panel within Ripple?  Also a screenshot of the folder you specify for "Project Root". I suspect there might be some errors with the values being used.

>>If I attempt to create a debug token, I get "The signature on the code signing request didn't verify -the likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect csk password.

Have you registered for multiple sets of keys?  The csk password is the keystore password you created when you first registered your code siging keys. Any chance you are simply using the wrong password?

blackberry-debugtokenrequest -storepass password123 -devicepin A123456B C:\temp\debugtoken.bar
Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.