Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Digicel
Accepted Solution

Signing (BB10 webworks)

I have been using Eclipse and Cascades and have registered with RIM to sign my apps, 

The keys said they were one-time-use only, so  I deleted the emails with the keys, but have backed up my Eclipse registration.

How do I now sign WebWorks apps? From Ripple? Command Line? Which keys to use?

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Signing (BB10 webworks)

I believe your signing keys can be used for WebWorks, Cascades, Air, and Native, BB10 and Playbook.

One time use means you can only register with rims signing servers once.  Once you have registered you will need to create the appropriate Author.p12 files via command line

This link should help you with setup and registration

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup_bb10_apps_2008396_11.html

for signing your app see this link

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_your_bb10_app_2008398_11.html

Hope that helps.

Creator of Todomate for BlackBerry 10 | follow me on twitter @lchampagnie
Developer
My Device: Z30

When you backed up your signing from Cascades, it made a ZIP file containing the .p12 and other files. Just unpack and use the same for your WebWork apps!
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

I still find the whole process of signing blackberry webworks apps quite clunky compared to what I do on the other platforms.  Too much manual command line work I seem to need to be requesting new certificates too often.