Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Signing app on Mac with SDK 1.0.1.8 ends with: execvp(): No such file or directory

I assume you used the blackberry-signer that came with the SDK. Right?

Now we have determined that issue is with the SDK itself. The question is what are you doing special in your SDK that is causing this issue.

Now we get a branch new install of the SDK and don't copy any signing stuff into it. 

Simply run the bbwp command and see what happens.

@nukulb
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Signing app on Mac with SDK 1.0.1.8 ends with: execvp(): No such file or directory

Downloaded it again, installed to a different directory, did nothing but run bbwp:

pwd
/Developer/SDKs/Research In Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.1.8-test

./bbwp "/Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10/fivedice.zip" -o "/Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10" -g <mypass> -buildId 53 [INFO] Populating application source [INFO] Parsing config.xml [INFO] Generating output files [INFO] Info: Package created: /Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10/simulator/fivedice.bar [INFO] Info: Package created: /Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10/device/fivedice.bar [INFO] execvp(): No such file or directory

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Retired

can you use --buildId instead of buildId?

@nukulb
Retired

--buildId instead of -buildId

@nukulb
Developer

Same result:

./bbwp "/Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10/fivedice.zip" -o "/Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10" -g d3p0t1999 --buildId 53
[INFO]    Populating application source
[INFO]    Parsing config.xml
[INFO]    Generating output files
[INFO]    Info: Package created: /Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10/simulator/fivedice.bar
[INFO]    Info: Package created: /Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10/device/fivedice.bar
[INFO]    execvp(): No such file or directory

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Retired

I also assume you can reproduce the problem with other bar files? not just this one.

@nukulb
Retired

What folder path are you installing it into?

@nukulb
Developer

Yes it happens with the other app I tried too:

./bbwp "/Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/recipebook/build/bb10/recipebook.zip" -o "/Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/recipebook/build/bb10" -g <mypass> --buildId 2
[INFO]    Populating application source
[INFO]    Parsing config.xml
[INFO]    Generating output files
[INFO]    Info: Package created: /Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/recipebook/build/bb10/simulator/recipebook.bar
[INFO]    Info: Package created: /Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/recipebook/build/bb10/device/recipebook.bar
[INFO]    execvp(): No such file or directory

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Developer

Installing the SDK to? I usually install to the default, except for the most recent one which I tacked -test to the end of.

So:

/Developer/SDKs/Research In Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.1.8-test

Normally:

/Developer/SDKs/Research In Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.1.8

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Retired

can you run it without the quotes around each of the paths

@nukulb