Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
Bharath
My Device: NA

Simulation of Webpages on a blackberry.

Hi,

I am developing a webpage for mobile phones. The page needs to be tested on mobile browsers. I downloaded the appropriate blackberry simulator, but I am load any website on the browser in the simulator. Searching for posts, I discovered that I need MDS simulator needed. I installed the MDS simulator and there was still no change.

I have got JDK 6u18 installed. I tried running MDS simulator beore I launched the blackberry simulator and also tried running the MDS simulator after I launched the black berry simulator. There was no change. I still could not access any internet content.

MDS simulator window stays up and I do not see anything that looks like an error. I also searched the blackberry website and did not find any satisfactory documentations. All I want to do is see how a page renders in blackberry.

Please help.

Thank you.

New Developer
fullmental
My Device: 8900

Re: Simulation of Webpages on a blackberry.

exactly same problem.

Its frustrating optimize web content for blackberry

Please help us to help you!!!!

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Hello Bharath,

Which BlackBerry Smartphone simulator are you using (Model and Handheld Software version)?

You are correct in describing how to properly launch the simulator: first start the MDS-CS simulator (and completely wait for it to finish loading), and the launch the Smartphone simulator.

When you do open your web page in the Smartphone simulator browser, do you see any activity in the MDS-CS window? If connected properly, you should see log messages being written out (corresponding to web activity).

Sincerely, Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Developer
Bharath
My Device: NA

I am using the blackberry simulator 5.0.0.337, Blackberry 8530 and MDS sim 4.1.4

I do see a bunch of messages appear in the dos window on statup, but there is no activity when I try to make browser requests through the blackberry browser. I tried things like switching off the firewall but that did not help either.