Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Simulator unable to connect to the selected mobile data service

First, let me say that I'm a newbie with BlackBerry and the simulators.

I just downloaded the 9630_Verizon and 9630_Sprint simulators as well as the MDS simulator package. I start the MDS simulator and the DOS window opens up and seems to be running fine. I start either of the 9630 simulators and while it seems to run, when I click on the Browser button and try to go to any web page, I get:

Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later.

The 9630 simulator version is  2.12.0.47

The MDS simulator version is  "SCM 4.1.4.19 19 2007/07/10"

I can connect to the MDS simulator using my desktop browser connecting to localhost:8080. The statistics show all zero values so it looks like the 9630 isn't even connecting to the simulator. Is there a configuration file somewhere that I need to edit to make this work?

New Developer

Re: Simulator unable to connect to the selected mobile data service

After I posted this, I continued to search the forums for possible solutions. One recommendation I found was to delete the ".dmp" files and restart the device simulator. That did the trick, things are working now.
New Developer

Re: Simulator unable to connect to the selected mobile data service

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am having same problem, ie "Unable to Connect... try again later." on 9630 simulator, running MDS & Email services simulator. On BlackBerry browser home screen I see "gprs" in upper right and "Fledge Simulated Network" in upper middle of screen.

fyi, I don't see any .dmp files in my simulator directory, just fledge.dat

Any ideas what the problem could be?

thx,

Marc

http://www.ascendo-inc.com