Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

G_Barton
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone UK
Accepted Solution

Simulator window appears minimized in the taskbar but I cannot restore/maximise

Hello,

I'm new to Blackberry development and have just run into my first problem. Up until today all was working fine, I created a really basic web application and it loaded/displayed correctly in the simulator. This morning I tried to reference an external dll file in my code by right clicking on the project and selecting Add Reference....this seemed to work ok but after trying to view in broswer the simulator would no longer dispaly properly, it appears as a minimised window in the taskbar which cannot be maxmised/restored.

I tired deleting the link to the external file, I have tried uninstalling webworks & the SDK, re-downloading and re-installing the latest VisualStudio plug-in [vs_plugin_11.exe] but this hasn't helped. I'm not really sure what to do now.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Simulator window appears minimized in the taskbar but I cannot restore/maximise

I'm not exactly sure what has happpend in your scenario, but I had something similar happen to me.

By any chance have you changed your screen resolution?  What happened to me was that the simulator was actually running, it was just off screen.

The way I corrected it was right clicked on the simulator entry in the task bar and selected "Move".  Then I used my arrow keys on my keyboard to bring the simulator back into view.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
G_Barton
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Simulator window appears minimized in the taskbar but I cannot restore/maximise

Thanks Tim

Please use plain text.