Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
Nabotus
My Device: Will get a Playbook
Accepted Solution

SketchPad_Eclipse

Hi There,

I am new to BlackBerry Development, and have started off using the SketchPad demo to work using webworks and packaging this up as a .bar file and running this on the PlayBook Simulator.

This has worked well and now I am having a look at the EClipse IDE with the BlackBerry Plug In. There is a SketchPad_Eclipse version on the BlackBerry website, and so far I have not been able to get this to work.

In Eclipse, if I click on the BlackBerry menuitem, import black berry samples

Eclipse.jpg

Then I get  SketchPadEclipse in my Package Explorer. The trouble from here is I don't know how to run this in the simulator. In fact when I double click on the touch.js, it says there is a syntax error on line 12.

Any help around this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: SketchPad_Eclipse

Hi Nabotus,

Thanks for including a screenshot.  I can see that you have the BlackBerry Java Plugin for Eclipse, which is intended for building standalone Java applications and is separate from WebWorks development.

For that you need to use the BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in for Eclipse.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nabotus
My Device: Will get a Playbook

Re: SketchPad_Eclipse

Hi Adam,

Thanks very much for your very quick reply, and you were right on the money, I hadn't installed the correct item, which is BlackBerry_Web_Tools_2.5.1.201010291444-2.exe

So I have installed this and imported SketchPad fine into this environment.. The only part that is still a little confusing is that some examples talk about creating projects using BlackBerry Widgets and has a menuitem for this. However I cannot find this in the Eclipse wizard. Do I need to install anything else ?

Here is a screen shot where it should be listed.

MissingWidgets.jpg

And lastly, I am looking for sample code that allows me to play video and audio on one of these devices. Do you know of any sample code to do this in the WebWorks environment.

Once again thanks for your help

Please use plain text.