Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
mobisoch
My Device: Playbook

Slow performance app on webwork

I have developed App using Html5, javascript and css.

I am feteching 5-6 image form local which is dynamic based on category.

This App running fast on the desktop browser but after porting the App on playbook , performace is too slow.

Plase give me solution .

Developer
nunodonato
My Device: Curve 9360, Playbook, BB10 Dev Alpha

Re: Slow performance app on webwork

Hi!

How are you inserting the images on the page? Before the page loads or after? 1 at a time or all together?

Nuno
theBBthing.wordpress.com - my BlackBerry development blog: news, tips and tutorials
bitoutsidethebox.com - re-imagining digital solutions

Developer
reumerd
My Device: 9900

Re: Slow performance app on webwork

That's why performance must be a feature when building web applications.

Your computer browser is still between 30-1000 times faster as a browser on a mobile device.

Additionally you don't have the resources (memory ) to just stuff everything on a page. 

Page renders can be very expensive.

-> to check the performance, use the remote webinspector on the PlayBook to see the load times and render times.

This will give you a clue on why it might be so slow.

If you can, try to precache images (just cache them off-screen )

.loader { display: hidden; position:absolute / fixed; bottom:0; width:0; height:0; }

How big are your pictures ?

And in most cases you need to think about user experience, not whether or not something is slow, but how to guide the user through certain actions.

If it takes more time to navigate through the catagories, you either need to do it differently or let the user know you're working on it.

Do you try to load the images in page, or off-page (not visible, show when dom is ready ?)

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!