03-28-2011 05:33 PM
Since the mobile booming is growing i was very glad when i hear about webworks to start a step forward with blackberry development.
i have some questions that really i dont find any answer for it @ internet
1. Twitter xAuth integration, i cant even use anything from twitter since no documantation
2. FaceBook Connect Butoon how to.
3. Navigation and passing parms from index.html to x.html
4. Phone Gap is a really great toools why not you supported with at least documantation
5. For now i find many way to do cross plat form ajax function that get/send data to server that works on 6,5,4
6. no tutorials of how to use data online and how to use local storage and how the session in app looklike
i hope to get the answers here in the official forums since i am tired looking around
thanks alot in advance
03-29-2011 12:57 AM
Hi moe85, this is the right place to be asking these types of questions. Welcome to the Web forums, home of may friendly experts happy to assist
Let me get you started:
1. Have you see the Twitter API Wiki?
2. I have personally not used Facebook Connect - would love to hear from other developers who've had success with this. Did the Facebook developer's site? http://developers.facebook.com/
3. You can transfer data between pages using cookies, URL query string, HTML5 local/session storage, Web DB, etc.
4. We are happy to hear of developers using PhoneGap, which is a great tool for creating BlackBerry apps. it is a 3rd party product though, and if you are looking for documentation, I'd recommend http://docs.phonegap.com/
5. Can you pls clarify what is your question?
6. What do you mean by "data online"? For local storage, the Internet is your friend This is a standardized HTML5 API (http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/), so many developers have produced great learning resources and published them on your sites. For example: http://diveintohtml5.org/storage.html
03-29-2011 04:50 AM
i am so glad for your reply this is the first time i see helpful reply in very short time,
1. i have check the twitter API Wiki but i cant find i tutorial or a way to Authnticate users on blackberry webworks, i think i can display the tweets for a username or hashtag but to make the app useful the user have to interact with the tweets not just seen it.
3. are there detailed tutorial around ?
5. my question was i find many way to use XHR with BB Webworks App, what is the best one that works on all BB OS 4,5,6
7. i would like to add question about JQuery Mobile and is it supported 100% by BB OS 5,6