Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
ravi1989
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: 0

Socket programming example in Android +phonegap

Hi

can you please tell me is there latest any socket programming plugin available on internet.i am working on cordova 2.7.But i search a lot but i didnot get any socket programing plugin .can you please provide me ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Socket programming example in Android +phonegap

Is this StackOverflow post of any use?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13507438/websocket-in-android-webview/13527585#13527585

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ravi1989

this is too old..i need for 2.7 cordova .it for 1.9..:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
oros

The sample there has been updated for 2.3, unfortuantely I'm not able to find a more updated version. You may need to go through the process of updating to 2.7 and then addressing the framework changes / adapting to any new implementations.

This project here may be of some use too:

http://remysharp.com/2010/10/04/websockets-in-phonegap-projects/

All in all though, there will likely be some legwork required on your part to conform to the required Cordova version.

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ravi1989

Hi

Thanks Man ,...But i am blackberry guy ..I don't have much experience in updating a plugin or making my own socket plugin..do you have any email composer (attachement )plugin idea..?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ravi1989

If you get time please take look on this question (update a plugin) i think you have more experience so that it is help full for others..

Please use plain text.
oros

The WebSocket API is being standardized by the W3C so most current browsers should support this technology without requiring a plugin. Plugins generally add platform-specific support (BBM, In-App Payments, etc.) to the framework and as our tools move towards Cordova-alignment we will be writing these plugins to support platform-level access.

However, WebSockets are something that will work out-of-the-box as our own HTML5 implementation supports them; so I'm not certain a plugin should be required here. For an email composer; we do have WebWorks APIs for this currently:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/apis/blackberry.invoke.card.html#.invokeEmailComposer

Which will be ported to the Cordova-format once we launch our Cordova-based tools.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ravi1989

I need for cordova 2.7

Please use plain text.