If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
learningBBwendev
My Device: Not Specified

Standard way to handle high res screens?

Is there a standard/recommended way to deal with the high res screens such as the Bold? The iphone's retina display assumes an automatic doubling of all screen measurements meaning that one can design a web page specific to a 320px viewport and the iPhone4 retains all proportions and sizes (just at a higher resolution).

The Blackberry devices appear to NOT do that and instead just keeps to 1px = 1px. Short of custom CSS just for the high res BlackBerry devices (basically doubling all measurements) is there any other suggested ways to handle this?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
learningBBwendev

Re: Standard way to handle high res screens?

[ Edited ]

Some follow-up questions:

1) Do the browsers in OS6 handle media queries to detect the screen density? http://blog.iwalt.com/2010/06/targeting-the-iphone-4-retina-display-with-css3-media-queries.html

2) Is there a particular BlackBerry simulator that best represents the the double-resolution (bold)? It's hard to debug this issue without a device.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
learningBBwendev

Re: Standard way to handle high res screens?

For future reference:

- yes, OS6 does support the webkit media query

- No, it does not repot itself as double density

As such, there really is nothing to do. The higher-resolution blackberries are just smaller screens, rather than double-density, so all web sites are smaller.

Please use plain text.