Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Bullety
My Device: Z10

Start Problems and general questions about Web Signals Development

Dear,

After reading all the pdf files about the Web Signals and the normal push and some posts here in the forums, I am really unsure about how to start the development with the Push API.

I am a standalone person and want to try to develop an application which uses the push technology.

Am I right that I am not able to use the Push API for free in connection with java applications and the BIS?

But I am able to use the push function for free (even with the BIS) if I sign up and use web signals instead using a full java application (who receives the pushed data)?

Is there any example on how to start such a Web signal project(is it a simply asp.net web site in Visual studio)?

Can I start writing some code and test it only locally with the simulator or do I first of all need to sign up for a web signal account in order to test it?

How will I then be able to debug it if I first need to sign up for an account (because my local IP is another than the IP the application would run in productivity mode)?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Developer
Bullety
My Device: Z10

Re: Start Problems and general questions about Web Signals Development

Dear again, Unfortunately no one answered but I've come a bit further. Can I simulate Web Signals using the MDS Simulator and the Device simulator? In the Web Signals Getting Started Guide is described that the first step is registering a Web Signal and start development AFTER. But what to insert into the "Which URL is used for a successful subscription:" field if I start the development after I registered and after I get the technical documentation (I don't know the exact URL at the moment)? I am a bit anxious about this... Could please someone who already started the Web signals development give me some tips? Best regards